Friday, March 14, 2014

The loss of a close friend stays with you always

Well, it has been quite the week.  Sydney has been an absolute joy.  So full of energy, a few new words, and proving how smart she is over and over.  Im so thankful I have her in my life. 

On Wednesday, I got news of the death of my good friend Michelle.  She fought a long battle with cancer and the cancer finally got her.  It was heart breaking to hear the news from her sister.  But being through the death of Sacha, I am ready to help her sister Steph through this as much as I can.  Its a terrible thing to experience.  Like me and Sacha, she and Michelle were best friends, very close. 

This week has brought back very detailed memories of losing Sacha.  The phone call from my dad telling me the news.  My call to Joel.  The week-long trip to North Dakota for her funeral.  Everything.  Sometimes reliving such memories isnt a bad thing.  But it sure does hurt the heart. 

So, tomorrow will be a rushed day.  After picking Sydney up at noon, Ill be going to Milwaukee, praying I make it to the last part of Michelles funeral.  I will have missed the visitation already.  If I miss the funeral, its okay.  Ill still appear and drop off the cards I have for the family, and the purple stuffed unicorn I received in the mail this week for Michelle.  I was planning on visiting her this weekend sometime.  The last time I saw her was at her benefit last year.  Im thankful she got to meet Sydney.  Below is a photo of them together.

Forever in my heart, Michelle will be.  I hope Sacha has welcomed her to the world of no pain, nice weather, and good people.  Sacha can show her the ropes of being a great angel.  Love you both, girls!


No comments:

Post a Comment